Monday, September 19, 2011

When Life Is Hard

it's really hard.
 I'm not talking about a broken nail when you head out to a fancy dinner-party.  Nor am I thinking about losing a game, spilling coffee on your new suit.  I'm talking about life-changing difficulties, trials, and obstacles.  I'm talking about tragedies, upheaval, death and illness.  Then you know the meaning of insufficiency. You discover the limitations of your ability, your strength, your resources, your knowledge.
It's these times, and I have had many, that I've found my only solace is my faith in God.  Over and over again, my God has kept me, protected, provided and rescued me.  Time after time He did this. I deserved none of His grace and help.  Many times I was walking so far out of His will that it's a wonder He knew I existed.  But He did.  Scripture tells us that God knows when a sparrow falls.  He numbers the hairs on our head.  He knows when we stumble, when we fall.  He knows when we think and what we think about.  He still cares.  He still loves.  When you do not know where to turn, you can always turn to God.  Always.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gotta Question? Want to add your thoughts?